Monday, October 15, 2007

Not The Cookiest of Cookies, Unfortunately

I haven't felt particularly succesful in my cooking endeavors lately. For the cookie challenge, I went with the following recipe:
Oatmeal Pecan Scotchies
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Beat margarine or butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until creamy. (Note: Mixture never became creamy). Blend in egg.
2. Mix flour, oats and baking powder in small bowl. Alternately stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture. (Note: 1/4 cup of milk is totally not enough. I used more like a 1/2 cup). Stir in peacans and butterscotch chips
3. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12- 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies (Note: Makes 2 dozen cookies).
To be honest, I planned a much more elaborate and interesting cookie recipe involving apple slices, but when I got to the stupid Path Mark, they didn't have half the ingredients. It was raining and I was tired, so I just got the ingredients for a more simple cookie. And now I feel sad.
I brought most of the cookies to work with me this morning (see below) and my coworkers seem to be eating them and not dying. However, they have noted that they are more of a tea biscuit, better for dipping, as they are somewhat dry. Maybe a bit scone-ish. Which is fine, but I'm really a fan of a cookier cookie. Personally.


Up next: Amy's failed attempt at making something delicious involving greens!! Martha Stewart, I am not. Sigh.

No comments: