Sunday, September 16, 2007

Yucky Acorn Squash Soop (intentionally spelled like Poop)

I have never posted on a blog before. I hope this looks ok. I looked up millions of squash recipes, but I did not have all ingredients at home, especially chicken stock, and i just got a puppy, so going to the store is a big ordeal. Needless to say, I adlibbed using variations of recipes online.

1/2 acorn squash
1 green apple
2 red potatoes
1 yellow onion
pinch coriander
5tsp butter
salt
1 cup cream
1 cup water
2T olive oil

Most online recipes suggested using green apple to tang up the sweet of the squash. This proved to be problematic later on. I roasted squash, apples and potatoes with butter that I melted with a little coriander in it. The oven was at 400 for 30 min. Then I pureed them with cream. Then I cooked diced onions in olive oil. I added the pureed soop to this.I added salt as I felt necessary. Once all was hot and well mixed, I repureed all the items. Then I put it in the fridge to cool and served with french bread. John did NOT like the apple factor. That's all he could taste and thought it was gross and sweet. I liked the taste but felt like I was eating baby food and could only eat half a bowl before I got sick of it. I don't really like cold soop.

1 comment:

Tim Carnahan said...

"i don't really like cold soop."

You and me both, Sita. You and me both. If I wanted to consume cold blended vegetables I would drink a V8.