Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Brief Intermission: Hanukkah!




HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Sorry, to briefly stray from Cooking With Alcohol, but I just wanted to do a quick post about my recent experiment with latkes. Yummy mummy in my tummy!






I made mine super easy -- 3 grated potatoes, 2 eggs, 1 finely chopped onion, bunch of salt. It was classic, and since it was the first time I tried to make them, I didn't want to mess it up by going too overboard with the gourmet.



Frying them in the olive oil is the scariest part. But fry them in olive oil I did, in honor of the Hanukkah miracle of 8 nights of light in the Temple of Jerusalem (when there was only enough oil for 1 night). (Go holiday cooking lessons!).





Here are the oily little potato wonders, drying out a bit on a paper towel.







And here is the finished product, with a dollup of apple sauce.
Just like (Arie's) mom used to make 'em!
Chanukah Sameach, yo.

No comments: